How to Fish Spring-Fed Creeks
How to Fish Spring Fed Creeks is a full day 8 hour class lead by guide and instructor Mike Heck. The banks of the historic Big Spring Creek will be your classroom for the day.
Fly Fishing a spring-fed spring creek is unlike fly fishing a freestone stream. Success on spring creeks like the Big Spring demands patience, stealth, proper casting technique, line control, and the right fly selection. Our class will provide you the knowledge, skills, and instruction that will make you a better angler.
What can you expect to learn?
- How to select the appropriate equipment
- How and why to select and fish different fly patterns. We will review different patterns for our local spring creeks and how to be more effective on the water at different times of the year.
- Casting for wary trout in clear water. This will include talking about bank casting along with the “dos” and “don’ts” of wading in spring creeks.
- Mike will be tying some of his favorite patterns for the area.
- You will receive a dozen flies in popular trout patterns to get you started.
- Finding and identifying insects on our spring creeks
- Improving your casting and line mending
- How to approach the water more effectively
All gear, EXCEPT WADERS is provided for each student.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided for the class.
To enroll, please contact us using one of the following methods:
PAYMENT MUST BE MADE IN FULL AT TIME OF ENROLLMENT
COST: $175.00 per student (Full day 8 hour class with lunch provided)
In order to provide more personalized and hands-on instruction:
THERE IS A LIMIT OF 5 STUDENTS PER CLASS, SO SIGN UP EARLY TO GUARANTEE YOUR SPOT!